Illinois Family Attorney divorce paternity custody

Unmarried parents need to file a paternity action in court to assert their rights regarding child support, custody and visitation. Generally, it is advantageous to file this action early on. An unmarried parent should bring a copy of the child’s birth certificate and the Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity if applicable to his/her appointment with an attorney.

It is important that you choose an experienced and knowledgeable attorney to represent you in your case. Contact Hicks & Spector LLC to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case.

Content contained on this site is for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to discuss your particular case and to obtain legal advice specific to your situation.

Click here to access our Quick Contact Email Form